Monday, March 19, 2012

The Old Maid

For our final project we made a list of: 5 specific events in your life, 5 people who have influenced your creativity, 5 inanimate objects that you keep around your workspace, 10 activities you do to stimulate creativity and 1 thing that hinders your creativity. Our challenge was to "personify" everything listed and create playing cards much like that of The Old Maid game. My game is called Mistress of Self Doubt.
The Mistress of Self Doubt represents the internal battle of thinking nothing is ever good enough and doubting you can branch out and succeed at different artistic styles and aesthetics.

This set of cards represents influential people that have influenced my designs.


This set of cards represents important objects I use on a regular basis.



This set of cards represents influential events that have shaped my design aesthetic.






This set of cards represents activities that help me stay focused and provide inspiration to my designs.




The card box was designed in a morose style representing the effects from the Mistress of Self Doubt.
The back of the card is a tartan pattern reflecting my Scottish heritage and the influence my country has in my life.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment